I have been spending the last few days re-designing the User Interface of Language Coverage Matrix Dashboard. Although the last one was working smoothly, there was a need of more polished and efficient one than the previous. I met up with my mentors and the designer of our Language Engineering team a number of times to decide on the new UI.
So, let’s walk through the newly added User Interface of LCMD!
Now to begin with, I would like to mention what exactly demanded a new UI here. The issue with the previous one was as simple as: It demanded to show more details and also, the informations needed to be grouped.
About the new UI:
We have a few new features and a few useful changes here in the new UI. Which are basically listed as,
- Data grouped in Universal Language Selector, Project Milkshake, Legacy Extension and More Info of that language.
- This grouped data is shown in responsive and smooth drop down.
- New switch button is introduced for more efficient editing by the admin.
- New modal design created to update the information of languages.
- Icon cross and tick are added for showing language support.
This is all about the new UI that we have right now! 🙂